한국 소울, 훵크와 레어그루브 1973~1980 Vol. 1
Funky Coup: Korean Soul, Funk & Rare Groove Nuggets 1973~1980 Vol.1 (LP reissue 2020)
"This compilation brings together, for the first time, the hottest soul/funk gems that moved the clubs and dancefloors during one of the darkest chapters of Korea’s modern history under the Yushin dictatorship. It serves as a perfect guide to proto K-pop, featuring various hits from era-defining divas, relatively less-known rare tracks, as well as two previously unreleased instrumental tracks. These tunes offer an excellent primer on how soul, funk, jazz, and disco were adapted to Korea at the time, with the tracks sourced from the original master tapes."
*25 Korean rare groove/funky tracks restored on dbl vinyl
*remastered from original master tapes(19/25)
*extensive liner notes by DJ Soulscape(Kor/Eng)
*art work by the award winning illustrator Aoyama Tokio
*23 tracks are reissue for the first time on vinyl including 2 unreleased rehearsal tracks
1. Beauty Girls 'God Mill Arirang' (1973)
2. Kim Ha-Jung Kim Ha-Jung 'promise' (1974)
3. Okhee Okhee 'maybe good' (1975)
4. Yoon Bok-Hee Yoon Bok-hee ' I can't help it ' (1975)
5. Chadogyun Cha Do-Kyun ' how are you, I'm well ' (1976)
6. Jeongmin and frog jungmin & Cheonggaeguri (Tree Frog) 'the dream of the frog ( Memphis Underground )' (played song) (1976)
1. East Light feat. Lee janghee dongbangeui bit (light of the east) feat. Lee Jang-hee 'one girl is crying' (1974)
2. 무지개퀸텟 Mujigae Qunitet(Rainbow Quintet) 'Family Affair' (연주곡) (1975)
3. Okhee Okhee ' don't say ' (1977)
4. Yoon Su-IL & Somsatang (Cotton Candy) 'heart of flutter' (1977)
5. OASIS SESSIONS OASIS STUDIO SESSIONS 'where are you' (played) (1978)
6. Hyeeun hye eun-Yi 'your voice of the phone' (1979)
1. Devils ' hey j ' (piano song) ' (1976)
2. Kim Sung-AE Kim Sung-AE 'another day' (1977)
3. Kim Hye-Jung 'rainy night' (1978)
4. Yoon Si-Nae 'performances' (1978)
Moon Ji-young moon ji-young 'dating operation' (1979)
6. Insooni in soon-I 'resourcing' (1980)
Norman sessions 'open the door' (piano song) (1980)
1. Hee Sisters 'become a bird' (1979)
2. Nami and meoseum-son nami & Franco Romanno Band 'come back' (1979)
3. Lee Eun-Ha Lee Eun-HA 'the heart of giving Jung' (1978)
4. Ryu Bokseong Bongo Orchestra Ryu Bok-Sung & his bongo orchestra 'walking alone' (piano song) (1980)
5. Choi Heon Choi Heon 'pretty like you' (1979)
6. Kim Trio Kim Trio 'goodbye to you' (1980)
Track 1 뷰티걸즈 Beauty Girls '신 밀양 아리랑'
(아세아 음반, 1973) 민요 / 데블스 편곡
여성 듀오 뷰티걸즈가 1973년 아세아음반에서 발표한 유일한 앨범의 B 사이드 탑트랙. 같은 레이블 소속이었던 소울밴드 데블스가 편곡과 연주를 맡았다. 민요를 훵키한 리듬에 실어내는 데블스, 정확히는 기타리스트 김명길의 편곡이 돋보이는 곡. 오리지널은 여성중창단 음반 중에서도 손꼽히는 희귀반의 하나. 데블스는 초기 리듬앤블루스의 영향에서 자유로워진 2집(1974년)을 발표한 후 매니저였던 박영걸의 신생 기획사 노만기획으로 소속사를 옮긴다.
Beauty Girls 'New Miryang Arirang'
(Asia Records, 1973) Folk songs / Devils arrangement
The B side top track of the only album released by the female duo Beauty Girls in Asia in 1973. Soul band Devils, who belonged to the same label, arranged and performed. Devils, which brings folk songs to a rhythmic rhythm, and more precisely, the arrangement of guitarist Kim Myung-gil. The original is one of the rare among the women's choir albums. Devils released his second album (1974), freed from the effects of the early rhythm and blues, and then moved to a new agency, Norman Planning, the new agency of manager Park Young-gul.
Track 2 Ha-Jung Kim Ha-Jung 'promise'
(Oasis Record, 1974) written by Jang-Yong, composed
Singer Kim Ha Jung, who debuted in the late 60's, announced in 1974's. The man ' that arrangement of Santana (Santana) has been a's original song, has become a hard time to find in the market. At the time, the group sound / studio session was named after the influence of Latin Flavor Acid Rock, which was named after the influence of Latin Flavor Acid Rock), and it was a bit of a bit of a bit of a bit of a bit of a bit of a bit of Salute to sessions without name. This is a song of producer jang se-Yong who produced by bangmi and nami and meoseum son.This compilation brings together, for the first time, the hottest soul/funk gems that moved the clubs and dancefloors during one of the darkest chapters of Korea’s modern history under the Yushin dictatorship. It serves as a perfect guide to proto K-pop, featuring various hits from era-defining divas, relatively less-known rare tracks, as well as two previously unreleased instrumental tracks. These tunes offer an excellent primer on how soul, funk, jazz, and disco were adapted to Korea at the time, with the tracks sourced from the original master tapes.
Track 3 옥희 Okhee '어쩌면 좋아'
(아세아 레코드, 유니버셜 레코드, 1975) 박정웅 작사, 작곡
옥희의 두 번째 앨범에 수록된 훵크 트랙이다. 절도 있고 파워풀한 옥희 보컬의 진면목을 감상할 수 있는 대표곡으로 본격 소울 / 훵크 튠의 시대를 연 작품이다. 관능적으로 내뱉는 옥희의 추임새와 그를 받쳐주는 키보드와 드럼 연주가 절묘하다. 이후 그는 서라벌레코드와 오아시스레코드를 통해 발라드와 소울무드가 결합한 작품을 여럿 발표했다. 1976년 무하마드 알리의 내한 이벤트에서 ‘I Got The Music In Me’를 특유의 그루브에 실어 열창했던 옥희, 2년 뒤 한국의 복싱 챔피언 홍수환과 결혼에 골인한다.
Track 3 Okhee Okhee 'maybe like'
(ASEA RECORDS, Universal Records, 1975) written by Park Jung-ung, composed
Okhee's second album is a punk track. It is a work of the era of full-fledged soul / punk tune, which can be watched the jinmyeonmog-eul of theft and powerful and powerful okhee vocal. It is exquisite to play with the keyboard and drum play that will receive him from the sensual exquisite. Since he announced a lot of work combined with ballad and soul mood through the seoravallecode and oasis records. In 1976, I got the music in Korea in Korea in 1976, okhee, which was held in Korea in Korea, and it was held in KOREA AFTER 2 years later, it was held in marriage with Korean Boxing Champion Flood.
NOT OUT YET - NO REVIEW YET